Friday, May 19, 2017

TNXP, GLYC, NVDA


TNXP



I FUCKED UP, this is the 3rd time this happened now.  Ross Commenting on PTX where it blew through my stop loss when I adjusted it according to what Ross said.  I also went in JWN last week because of what Mike said without fully assessing the setup.

Ross said something about breaking 5 and I was looking at other charts.  Anyways, I swapped to TNXP and briefly looked at it and as soon as I clicked BUY, I KNEW i was wrong.  1min/5min candles and VWAP were waaaay too far, I should've gotten out immediately but gave it a few secs.  As soon as it was unable to reclaim 4.8, I knew that that momentum shifted even before the MACD confirmed the trend change and got out my loss before it spiraled out of control.  I ended up turning off Ross's Webinar so I can concentrate on the stocks i'm looking at.

*** One good thing though, I'm starting to stare less at the MACD and seeing more on just the Chart/Price Action/Tape.

Lesson Learned:  NEVER listen to anyone else's analysis.  I can keep the webinar on ONLY to have access to the Trade Ideas scanner and heads up on anything moving but NEVER to anyone else's analysis.

GLYC



I was pissed about TNXP yet I still didn't take a timeout/breather in between trades >_<.. Anyways, This was the stock I wanted to watch at the open and it sold off so I was waiting for a red to green move.

1st Trade - BUT since I was in the TNXP, I missed the buy as it was breaking VWAP and went FOMO on it at 13.11.  Fear kicked in and I locked in my gains since I knew I was chasing it at 13.11.  I sold it WAAAAY EARLY and this is the first time I've ever done that since usually my exits are on point.

2nd Trade - I shorted but I can't remember why, since I didn't assess my risk and set a stop, I got stopped out emotionally.  This would've been a really well timed short if only I stopped and assessed the trade and set a risk so that I wouldn't have gotten stopped out like an idiot.

3rd Trade - After I stopped out, a chain reaction of emotional trades spawned--I bought on emotion and instantly knew I was wrong after it dropped 60cents wiping out my gains from earlier. FML..

I KNEW that the momentum is dead and a good 1st profit target for a short was VWAP and possibly even lower since this was up so much for two days.  I tried to get filled  from 13.6 > 13 but couldn't get filled.

4th Trade - I gave up trying to get filled and started to get errors trying to cancel this order I had at 13.  It spiked to 13.2 and I restarted my platform.  When I relogged, the order got canceled but a few mins later it showed that I had 100shares short at 12.87 which was awkward since I didn't set a limit that low but whatever--the price was already below 12 and I was close to 100 green ;D.  It popped over 12 and I covered at 12.21.  It kept on going down but I'm not gonna complain about getting free money.

NVDA



Emotional trades one after the other.  I sold a small o/n long i had Pre-Market when it looked like it was having trouble at 136.50. I shouldn't have touched this at all.. Meddling my swing trade into daytrades ends up cutting my profits short.  And the opposite goes true, my daytrades turn into swing trades to make my losses go big.  Anyways, for SOME ODD REASON, I top-ticked bought it on HOD like an idiot thinking i'll scalp a bigcap stock... >> Fast forward: My last lesson on using WT Pro style on bigcap stocks.  I'm currently a bagholder like an idiot to teach myself a lesson.  This is exactly the same mistake I did yesterday.  FML !!

No comments:

Post a Comment