Thursday, August 30, 2018

201808271 IGC, ATAI

IGC




Chart History:  Fresh Chart, POT/Marijuana sector is hot, Sympathy to CRON
Profit Target:  Ride Momo
Stop/Risk:  See Summary
Entry:  1.45, 1.61
Plan:  Entered on PB Ride momo
Summary:  Entered at PB at EOD, looking back at what I wrote on the chart now, the 1st stop shouldve been 1.45 since this is a WT scalp momo trade.  I only took half the size i was supposed to, tried to fill the other at 1.5 and chased at 1.61.  My average was 1.51.  I sold ONLY 1/3 rather than my normal 1/2 that I do at 1.7 to see what it does tomorrow with my stop at m avg..  I was outside and monitored on my phone.  It was at 1.6 but by the time I logged in, it was already below my stop.  Lots of rationalizing and hope started to cross into my mind, I could've exited with still a small gain but I ended up moving the stop even lower and getting stopped out finally giving back yesterday's gains plus a small loss.
Problem #1:  No taking full size at entry
Problem #2:  Chased for full position size
Problem #3:  Only took 1/3 profit instead of usual 1/2.
Problem #4:  I was physically not in front of my computer.  Mishandled the trade.
Problem #5:  I acknowledged the trade was no longer in my favor but stayed in to include moving the stop lower.

Learning Lessons:  
1)  Reassess what a comfortable position size is for me at this present moment and stick with that.  
2)  Construct the plan and write it down on paper PRIOR to execution.
3)  Let the trade come to me instead of me catching up to it.


ATAI




This was ALL SORTS OF A FUCKED UP MESS.  I was testing something with my hotkeys and Dastrader.  I thought I canceled an order but I unintentionally got filled at 2.79.  Instantly I knew It was wrong and needed to get out but instead I rolled with it, I got emotionally stopped out at 1.4 which just happened to be near bottom of that pullback.  Revenge traded @ 3 and sold all that 3.2 once I saw signs of the support cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment